Thursday, February 26, 2009

Facebook

Okay, so what's the big deal about facebook? Why is it any different or any better than this blogger thing? Pictures, comments, etc. are available on both, right? Am I missing something? I guess I am too computer-illiterate to know why it's all the rage. I guess because you don't have "friends" on here, like you do on there ... maybe that's a 'big deal?' And instead of just posting a photo on a page, you can make "photo albums" ... maybe that's the draw? I don't know. I just know that I don't have time to keep up with ONE bloggy thing, much less two or three. But feels like this blogspot thing is kinda like the old shopping center down the street, where the businesses just slowly move out and move to a new location .... just because ... leaving a desolate, lonely old empty shopping center where once there was a lot of action. So, in attempt to "keep up with the Jones's" (i.e. my family and friends), I made a facebook page. Go find me if you can. But there is no "interesting layout" or anything exciting, because I don't know how to do anything on there except put some photos. And that, I did! All of you are on there (if you're reading this, because only my family reads this!). Oh, and if you prefer NOT to be on there, just let me know and I'll yank the photos. If I get familiar with that thing and learn how to do the same thing I do on here, I'll quit this one, because like I said, I can't even keep up with one, much less two.
Bye now.
I'm tired and I wanna go home.

4 comments:

SexandCoffee said...

=) The difference in facebook and blogger is that facebook allows you to see pics (whole albums...which are much easier to upload) that your friends post, as well as leave quick comments ab what you are doing, or what they are doing. It's like..sending a text. Blogger..is more like a phone call. You can share a full story, rant on about something, etc.

AJ said...

I see. Well, thanks for the education. I can see where the photo thing is a big advantage, since I have already uploaded about 75 pics in the last 2 days! ha! And just since yesterday, I now have 20 "friends" - how funny is that??

Anonymous said...

I did the Facebook thing for about a month I guess. But I deactivated my account last week sometime because I lost interest. I honestly don't need to know everytime someone goes to the bathroom, and thats almost what it had become when I would open it each day. Every freakin' move someone made showed up on my page, and I simply didn't have time to try and figure the whole gizmo out.

Seeing the family pics was the main reason I signed up when I got the initial request. But I'll just keep up with those that still do their bloggy thing.

AJ said...

Yes, I have noticed in just a couple of days that I get "notices" everytime someone's FRIEND 'goes to the bathroom' so to speak. I am clicking on the option of "see less of so&so" so hopefully, that will stop. I just want MY friends and family to comment on my page and not have to know when my friends friends comment on THEIR pages or who they are friends with. Hopefully, I'll figure it all out soon and it will be "just what I want" and nothing more. But it has been interesting, to say the least! Saying "hi" to old friends I haven't seen or heard from since high school is kinda neat. And old church friends from the old Central days is interesting too. So, I'll hang out there awhile and see how it works out.