Tuesday, February 24, 2009

back for a quick catch-up

You know, you'd really think one could post a little more often than I do, but seriously, I just can't seem to get to this with any regularity!

Not that I have nothing to post about, I guess my problem is the opposite, I have SO much going on that I don't have time to post about it.

Went "back home" to visit the family this past week - spent 3 days there seeing everyone and having a nice time. And enjoyed some good ol' BBQ a couple of times so that was a 'big plus!' Got to see the new great-niece for the first time - she's 4 months old and a real cutie pie! See for yourself .....













So, then it was back to the daily grind yesterday. But glad to have a "daily grind" (i.e. job!) to get back to - with all of the cut-backs and lay-offs that are going on, even within my own company, I'm glad I haven't been hit with that yet. Hopefully, won't be, but one never knows.
Made some of my "famous/infamous" homemade chicken noodle soup last night after work and took to some friends who have been sick and battling the "bug." Also, dropped by friend's house (our receptionist here at the office) who is going to have her first baby this afternoon. Then went by Granddaddy's for a quick visit; he is doing well. Then home about 8:30. Didn't get to work out. So it's been almost 2 weeks - longest I have gone without working out since I joined fitness center. Sad. But I will be there tonight, without fail. I cannot NOT GO, or else I gain back about a pound a day. Think I'm kidding, exaggerating? Nope, almost literally a pound a day, if I don't work out and if I eat ANYTHING in the evening, it just packs right on me! But sometimes "life" gets in the way of my well-laid plans!
Well, that's all I have time for now. Will try to get back here another day to write more. But don't anyone hold their breath now or you'll be in big trouble!

1 comment:

HONEY said...

CUTE pics!!!! She is a DOLL!!! Thanks for the post!